Boswell’s Paving is a trusted name in the driveway paving industry, and we’re here to tell you why sealing your driveway is so important!
Asphalt sealing is a preventive technique that contributes to the preservation of asphalt pavement. It prevents the asphalt from weather damage as well as wear and tear. Sealcoating improves the appearance of the asphalt surface by making it appear new and fresh.
Benefits of Seal Coating Asphalt Driveway
Sealcoating asphalt driveway has several advantages. Some of the benefits include:
1. Protection from weather damage: Sealcoating creates a barrier between the asphalt and the elements, which helps to prevent weather damage. Sealcoating protects asphalt pavement from the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
2. Prevent wear and tear: Sealcoating also acts as a barrier against gas, oil, and harsh chemicals that can cause wear and tear on asphalt pavement. Sealcoating fills in small cracks and surface voids, reducing the amount of moisture penetrating the pavement.
3. Enhanced appearance: Sealcoating gives asphalt pavement a new look, improving the appearance of the pavement.
4. Increased life span: Properly maintained asphalt pavement can last many years. Sealcoating extends the life of asphalt pavement.
5. Cost savings: Sealcoating is essential to maintaining asphalt pavement. It extends the pavement’s life and can save money in the long run by reducing repair costs.
The Drawbacks of Sealcoating
The main drawback of sealcoating is the cost. Sealcoating is relatively expensive, and the costs can add up over time. However, the long-term benefits of sealcoating usually outweigh the short-term costs.
If you’re considering sealcoating your asphalt pavement, it’s important to weigh the benefits and drawbacks carefully. Sealcoating can be an excellent way to protect and extend the life of your pavement, but it’s only right for some situations. Talk to a professional asphalt contractor to get expert advice on whether sealcoating is right for you.
The Process of Sealcoating Asphalt Pavement
Sealcoating is a simple process that can be done by a do-it-yourselfer or a professional paving contractor. The steps involved in sealcoating are:
1. Cleaning: First, clean the surface of the asphalt pavement with a power washer or a wire brush.
2. Repairing: Repair any cracks or potholes in the pavement to avoid premature damage and extend the life of the sealcoat.
3. Applying the sealcoat: The sealcoat is then applied to the surface of the asphalt pavement with a brush, roller, or sprayer.
4. Curing: The final step is to cure the sealcoat by allowing the sealcoat to dry for 24 to 48 hours or by using a curing compound.
Asphalt Sealing: Do it Yourself or Hire a Professional
Sealcoating is a relatively simple process, but it is important to do it correctly to achieve the desired results. When it comes to sealcoating, there are two options: do it yourself or hire a professional. If you are skeptical about your capacity to complete the task correctly, it is advisable to hire a professional. Here are some considerations when making your decision:
1. Cost: The cost of hiring a professional can vary depending on the job size and location. However, it is generally cheaper to do it yourself.
2. Time: Sealcoating a driveway or parking lot can be time-consuming. If you hire a professional, they can do it in a fraction of the time.
3. Experience: A professional paving contractor will have the experience and knowledge to do the job correctly. They will also be able to identify any problem areas and take steps to prevent further damage.
4. Quality: A professional paving contractor will use high-quality materials and equipment that will result in a better-looking, longer-lasting sealcoat.
5. Safety: Applying a sealcoat can be a dangerous job. If you are not experienced, it is best to leave it to the professionals.
When it comes to sealcoating, there are pros and cons to both DIY and professional options. Ultimately, the decision comes down to cost, time, experience, quality, and safety.
Working with Professional Paving Contractors
Working with a professional paving contractor is always the best option for sealcoating your asphalt driveway or parking lot. A reliable paving contractor has the experience and expertise necessary to properly sealcoat your pavement. Additionally, we can help you choose the right sealcoat for your specific situation.
Sealing a driveway is an important part of maintaining it, and at Boswell’s Paving, we’re experts at doing just that. We use only the highest-quality sealants, and we have a team of experienced professionals who will make sure your driveway looks its best. Contact us today to learn more about our sealcoating services or to schedule a free consultation.
We look forward to hearing from you!